Jobs and Volunteer Opportunities
Krishnamurti Center in Ojai would appreciate hearing of your interest to assist in its work to preserve and make available the works of Krishnamurti. Regardless of whether or not a job has been posted, inquiries are welcome from those with a serious interest in Krishnamurti’s teaching and a commitment to working with others in a spirit of inquiry and cooperation. If this applies to you and you have training, skills, or experience in any one or more areas such as information technology/computers, design, marketing, or management, please send your CV and a covering letter to Contact Us – Krishnamurti Center.
Please be sure to describe 1) your interest in working at the Center in Ojai, 2) your specific work interests, and 3) the month and year you would be available to apply.
The Krishnamurti Center would appreciate your help in carrying out its mission to preserve and make available the works of Krishnamurti. You may wish to work in the Admin office or from home, either for one visit or periodically. In the case of Guest Helpers, food and lodging are given in exchange for work.
If you are interested in volunteering please fill out this form.
Working at the Admin Office:
- Sorting out old office files.
- Help with video and audio production for podcasts.
- Help with archives projects.
Working at Pine Cottage Library:
- Organizing and maintaining book collection.
- Facilitating dialogues with guests.
- Help with maintaining the building and the landscape.
Working from Home:
- Facilitate online courses
- Help organize our online course program.
- Help with social media projects.
- Help with answering letters to prisoners.
Job Opportunities in Ojai and Sonoma
Working at the Krishnamurti Center in any capacity is more than a job opportunity – it is a lifestyle. A sincere interest in Krishnamurti’s work and a commitment to creating a serious environment in (sometimes intense) cooperation with others is essential.
We are always pleased to hear from people who are interested in Krishnamurti’s teachings and who are keen to find out more about employment here. We may not have a suitable position advertised at present, however, it is helpful for us to be aware of your interest in consideration of our future employment needs. Please send us a cover letter and your CV.
Retreat Assistant (Ojai) | Krishnamurti Retreat
Full Job Description
The Krishnamurti Center LLC is part of the Krishnamurti Foundation of America Trust (KFA). The KFA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to disseminate and preserve the teachings of J.Krishnamurti and run schools and centers based upon these teachings. The Krishnamurti Center LLC is the operational arm of the KFA. The Center runs the retreat, library, orchard, development office, programs, archives, and publications. For more info visit www.krishnamurticenter.org
We are looking for applicants that are spiritually inclined. Have a look at the following videos and see if they speak to you:
When you apply for this position, please comment on the videos at the beginning of your letter. We only process applications that include these comments.
We are looking for the following:
– A multitasker
– includes but is not limited to the following: managing the front desk, ordering supplies, managing reservation software, giving tours, and occasionally cleaning.
– Somebody with the ability to work well with others. Ability to take direction and work unsupervised. Must possess strong people and communication skills, professional appearance, be friendly, courteous, a team player, and enjoy working with people. A flexible schedule is required, and you must be able to work weekends and holidays.
– Somebody proficient and comfortable with a computer, especially e-mail, word, excel and google docs.
– A person interested in growing with the job and taking on responsibility.
Typical Work Schedule:
15 to 23 hours per week
Garden Help - Sonoma