24 LIVE SESSIONS
ONE SESSION PER MONTH
24 LIVE SESSIONS
When two people observe with the same intensity, freedom, and clarity, they see the same thing. – Krishnamurti
A VIRTUAL, LIVE, AND INTERACTIVE CONTINUING DISCOVERY OF J. KRISHNAMURTI’S LIFE AND COLLECTED WORKS
In this course, we embrace a ‘fractal’ approach, providing multiple entry points into Krishnamurti’s teachings, offering diverse themes for participants. Whether you’re familiar with Krishnamurti’s teachings or new to them, each session stands as a unique entry point, contributing to our understanding. Just as a fractal reveals intricate details upon closer examination, our approach encourages discovery and connection, allowing you to engage with the teachings from various angles.
Unconditionally Free is a novel online exploration of J. Krishnamurti’s life and insights. Many come to this body of insights much like we approach other subjects such as studying a painting, mathematics, or history, for example. We listen to the words and think we understand, but the nature and quality of this understanding remain in a small corner of a much larger field—abstract, metaphor, intellectual knowing, mental images, or concepts. There may be a different quality of knowing, which is immediate and direct, like plunging into a river.
To perceive directly, not filtered by our mental images or concepts, is what Krishnamurti described as “living the teachings.” This quality of attention demands a different intensity and a different relationship to words, language, and what we call thought. The intent of this sustained and immersive experience is to awaken this quality of attention as we collectively examine Krishnamurti’s life and teachings.
This exploration views Krishnamurti’s insights as fractal, not linear. Insight has no beginning or end. “I have only said one thing my entire life, but I have said it a thousand ways,” he said. Being holistic, like a hologram, each part representing the whole, opens enrollment to anyone, at any time in the process.
- Two consecutive years, divided into two sets of twelve live monthly sessions.
- Participants can register at any time during the year for a set of twelve sessions (the previous live sessions will be available as recorded videos).
- Ninety minutes each session: $288 in total for a given twenty four months.
- Each session involves selected readings (downloadable text) for each session from the books Unconditionally Free, The Life and Insights of J. Krishnamurti and Always Awakening, Buddha’s Realization Krishnamurti’s Insight, with Samdhong Rinpoche, plus theme-related selections.
- Each session involves a live, recurring international dialogue, questions, commentary, and explorations.
- A new, exclusive, themed interview collection of twenty-four, thirty-minute videos summarizing the essential topics of Krishnamurti’s collected works, and personal interviews representing an estimated 500 years of intensive personal interactions with “the speaker.”
- The Years of Awakening, Mary Lutyens
- Conditioning and the Self, David and Saral Bohm
- Change, Lana Peters (Stalin’s Daughter) and Ravi Ravindra
- Meditation, Mark and Asha Lee Part 1-2
- Freedom & Authority, Mary Zimbalist
- The Sacred, Bill Quinn, and P. Jajakar
- The Self as Violence, Dr. P. Krishna, Part 1-2
- Relationship, Satish Inamdar, MD
- Choiceless Awareness, Dorothy Simmons and Achyut Patwardhan
- Death, Scott Forbes
- The Religious Mind, Samdhong Rinpoche Part 1-2
- Conflict, Evelyne Blau Part 1
- Conflict, Michael Mendizza, Part 2
- Education, Karen Hesli/Harsh Thanka
- Fear, the Illusion of Security, Laura Huxley
- Freedom from the Known, Sunanda Patwardhan/David Shainberg
- Pleasure and Happiness, Javier Rodriguez/Michael Kronen
- Insight Intelligence, Mary Codogan
- The Limitations of Thought, R. Herzberger/Prof. Krishnanath
- Methods, Radha Burnier/Joy Mills or S.P. Kandsswami/F. Grohe
- Radical Transformation, Padma Madholkar/Doris Pratt, and Upasani
The above themes speak for themselves. The personal insights and observations shared in each interview do the same. The book Unconditionally Free is equally comprehensive, spanning in sequence, decade by decade, highlights of Krishnamurti’s talks around the world. Always Awakening provides an essential historical context for the realized state that Krishnamurti invites us to explore.
David Bohm spent a full year reading his first Krishnamurti book. “Krishnamurti uses language in a unique and very specific way,” he said. To grasp what Krishnamurti is saying, one may need a better understanding of his use of language. Like the key or legend on a large map, the Unconditionally Free exploration provides the underlying context that unites all 250,000 pages, all the videos, and collected works into a coherent, and very simple, whole.
The Unconditionally Free exploration is expertly crafted. The supporting written materials and videos are insightful and inspirational. Through a sustained focus on this Exploration over a period of months, I have found Krishnamurti’s teaching both deep and simple. Michael Mendizza is a skillful facilitator, and through his lived experience, he adds an invaluable dimension to the course. I also appreciate the active participation of my fellow participants. And most importantly, I continue to find new ways to apply the teachings in daily life. My heartfelt appreciation for you making this course possible. – D.
Each of the sessions were so rich, but, this last one on death and attachment was truly remarkable.
Thank you for putting this material together and organizing it so extensively. I look forward to the next
go-round. – E.
From the bottom of my heart, thank you and the KFA for making this online course available. It has
been an invaluable and richly experiential for me. I am looking forward to the following course in
March, and especially to the session on education. – C.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Immersion in selected monthly printable readings from the books Unconditionally Free, The Life and Insights of J. Krishnamurti, and Always Awakening, plus theme-related selections.
- Reviewing printable transcripts from the new themed interview collection representing essential themes Krishnamurti shared, plus an estimated 500 years of intensive personal interactions with “the speaker.”
- Ability to view the themed interview video presentations together at the beginning of each monthly session.
- Shared dialogue exploring the above with an international group of participants.
- Posting questions, thoughts, and observations in an open forum with other participants.
- The opportunity to raise and explore related questions with the presenter Michael Mendizza.
WHO THIS IS FOR
This ongoing exploration is for anyone seriously interested in Krishnamurti’s life and insights.
The intent of this ongoing exploration is to help each other actually penetrate through the metaphors and the words Krishnamurti used, and experience in oneself what is being described as a direct experience, what “the speaker” called “living the teachings.”
Our exploration of Krishnamurti’s life and insights provides a rare context I wish I had forty-five years ago. My life would have changed much sooner. – Michael Mendizza
Michael Mendizza is an educator, documentary filmmaker, and former trustee of the KFA who began investigating Krishnamurti’s insight in 1974. In 1998, he traveled with Krishnamurti and recorded his talks, resulting in the first major documentary on his life, The Challenge of Change. Michael continued to professionally record Krishnamurti’s talks for the rest of his life. He then produced an educational series, Beyond Myth and Tradition, and a traveling exhibit, “The Mind of J. Krishnamurti.”
He also compiled a collection of over 100 first-generation interviews and a five-year, three-continent dialogue with Samdhong Rinpoche. He then edited a large, illustrated book, Unconditionally Free, the Life and Insights of J. Krishnamurti, documenting Krishnamurti’s life and insights. And lastly, he blended the essential themes in Beyond Myth and Tradition with highlights from the “First Generation” interviews, in a new series of up to 24 thirty-minute programs.
*Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you require financial assistance to enroll in the course.
FREQUENTLY ASKS QUESTIONS (FAQ)
Q: Can I join the course at any time, or are there specific enrollment periods?
A: Absolutely. This course operates on open enrollment, allowing you to join at any point during its duration.
Q: If I join late, will I have access to materials from previous sessions?
A: Yes, participants enjoy access to course materials, video recordings of past sessions, and the opportunity to catch up on any content they might have missed. This course is on a continuous cycle wherein your course ends only after the content you missed up to your time of registration for this cycle has repeated in the next cycle, thereby giving you access to all synchronous content.
Q: Can I enroll for part of the program, or attend specific sessions?
A: You can only enroll in the full program.
Q: How long is each webinar, and what is the time commitment per month?
A: Each webinar lasts around 1.5 hours, and the course comprises two consecutive years divided into two sets of twelve live monthly webinars.
Q: Can I interact with the presenter and other participants during the course?
A: Absolutely. The course includes live, recurring international dialogues, allowing active participation, questions, commentary, and explorations with both the presenter and fellow participants.
Q: Is financial assistance available for enrollment in the course?
A: Yes, we understand financial constraints. Please reach out to us at email@example.com for information on financial assistance options.
Q: Are there any prerequisites or specific knowledge required to enroll?
A: No prerequisites are required. This course is designed for anyone who has taken an interest in Krishnamurti’s life and teachings, offering an open and inclusive exploration for all.
Q: How can I contact the course organizers for additional information or assistance?
A: Feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any inquiries or assistance you may need.
About the Center
The Krishnamurti Center LLC is part of the Krishnamurti Foundation of America Trust (KFA). The KFA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to disseminate and preserve the teachings of J.Krishnamurti and run schools and centers based upon these teachings. More info on the KFA can be found at www.kfa.org.
The Krishnamurti Center LLC is the operational arm of the KFA. The Center runs the retreat, library, orchard, development office, programs, archives, and publications.
Sign up to receive information and updates:
Registered 501(c)(3). EIN: 23-7018406
1098 McAndrew Road, Ojai, CA 93023
Library Phone: (805) 646-2726 EXT 816
Tue - Fri 10:30am-2:30pm
Sat & Sun 10am-5pm
On official US holidays 10am-5pm
1130 McAndrew Road, Ojai, CA 93023
Retreat Phone: (805) 646-4773
Reception open every day 10am-1pm & 2pm-6pm